The well known and highly regarded artist Bill Martin has a great idea about how to save your Canada Balsam…
OIL OF SPIKE LAVENDER
This is our premium Art Treehouse Oil of Spike Lavender from the lavender farms in Southern France. Oil of Spike Lavender was the medium used by Leonardo as well as the Netherlands painters, and Rubens used it to enrich colors. Read more HERE!
- Works with the paint to increase adhesion
- Extends uniform pigment particle dispersion
- Great with all brands of oil paint
- Gives enhanced clarity to the paint
- Has a rich historical tradition of use in painting
BIOBASED ARTIST THINNER
Great for the initial canvas sketch, to clean paint from the palette and other painting accessories, or used in a cup to rinse brushes. It contains no naptha, turpentine, OMS or mineral spirits. Fully compatible with linseed, walnut, safflower, and spike lavender oils. A small amount improves paint flow and dispersion, leaving a solid paint film. Read more HERE!
- Biodegradable – plant-based.
- Ships IATA as non-hazardous.
- Medium evaporation rate, very low odor.
- Non-flammable – flash point >217 F.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER!
CANADA BALSAM – 100% PURE
True Balsam, “unequaled in clarity”!
Canada Balsam is used in oil painting, and even as a cement for optical lenses. It enhances colors and permanence, and since it does not crystallize with age its optical properties do not deteriorate. Our Canada Balsam is pure, direct from the fir tree. Read more HERE!