This is our premium Treehouse Oil of Spike Lavender historic painting medium from the lavender farms in Southern France – nothing but the essential Oil of the Spike Lavender plant – no added chemicals, no synthetics – an authenticated natural product!
- Works with the paint to increase adhesion
- Extends uniform pigment particle dispersion
- Great with all brands of oil paint
- Gives enhanced clarity to the paint
- Has a rich tradition of use in painting
Oil of Spike Lavender is listed by the FDA as (GRAS) “Generally Recognized as Safe”, and has a long history of use in painting. Sometimes we are asked if Oil of Spike Lavender is a paint thinner or an oil painting medium. It depends on how it is used. We have a separate article covering this question. Also, we have an article on What Makes a Great Artist Thinner? and an 18-page toxocologist report, commissioned by The Art Treehouse.
- Contains no OMS, mineral spirits, turpentine, or synthetic chemicals.
The Art Treehouse Oil of Spike Lavender has been analyzed for Natural Product Authenticity by the University of Georgia Center for Applied Isotope Studies. A complete GC-MS (Gas Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry) showing all the natural plant oil components is included with each order.
- Works great with Canada Balsam and other resins
- Increases the flow of the brush
- A true Biobased Art material – sustainable and renewable
- Excellent for glazing and fine detail work
Note: We are not able to ship Oil of Spike Lavender outside of Canada and the US.