This book was recommended to us by a teacher who does painting workshops throughout the year. It was written by Betty Edwards, who also wrote the wildly successful “New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain”. The book discusses such topics as…
- Perceiving how light affects color.
- Understanding how colors affect one another.
- Hue, Value and Intensity.
- Color balancing in still life paintings.
- Psychological meaning of colors.
As with her other books, this is quite approachable, enjoyable reading, yet is well grounded in color theory.